Bloomberg Information is searching for a reporter in New York to assist develop its protection of the $1.3 trillion personal credit score market.
You’ll be answerable for breaking information on one in every of Wall Avenue’s most opaque corners, delving into the offers, the companies and the folks which are rewriting the principles of company debt financing.
Personal credit score’s extraordinary progress is about to face its largest take a look at but as aggressive fee hikes from the Federal Reserve to fight inflation threat toppling the economic system right into a recession, leaving extremely levered firms notably uncovered. Bloomberg Information desires to personal the story of what comes subsequent.
We’re in search of a flexible reporter with a want to carry extra transparency to the trade by aggressively chasing offers and cultivating relationships with a close-knit group of financiers who could make or break multi-billion greenback acquisitions and provide a singular window into a whole bunch of privately-held firms throughout the globe.
The profitable candidate may have expertise masking M&A or capital markets, a strong observe report of delivering scoops on their beat and an excellent understanding of company capital constructions and deal financing. Candidates with a broad base of contacts throughout the monetary companies trade — notably in personal credit score and leveraged finance — can be strongly most well-liked.
You’ll discover alternatives to inform the market’s most essential tales throughout Bloomberg’s rising variety of platforms, together with Bloomberg TV and Radio, Bloomberg’s Markets and Businessweek magazines in addition to in podcasts, on QuickTake and in working with our knowledge visualization crew.
We’ll belief you to:
- Help the crew in breaking information on offers throughout the personal credit score trade whereas recognizing new traits and connecting the dots to craft insightful, agenda-setting enterprise tales
- Make the most of your contacts amongst bankers, personal credit score managers, consultants and buyers to assist Bloomberg chronicle the expansion of personal credit score as an asset class and its influence throughout the monetary companies trade
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout groups, bureaus and international locations to interrupt information and ship a world perspective to our readers
- Be revolutionary and assume creatively about methods to make our content material accessible to a broader viewers of business-savvy readers
- Earlier expertise in monetary journalism or personal credit score
- Capacity to jot down rapidly and clearly below deadline strain
- Capacity to identify traits, discover holes in tales and work with reporters to ship impactful information to our readers
To use, go here.