On Thursday February 23, at 9 a.m. Pacific Time/Midday Japanese Time, Harris Bricken will host a free a hour-long Q&A session on Transferring Manufacturing from China to Mexico.
Corporations which have their merchandise made in China are more and more in search of to diversify their provide chains away from China and its COVID/Omicron manufacturing facility shutdowns, rising vitality prices and shortages, rising wages, excessive transport prices, and “Trump tariffs” — all of that are prone to proceed (at various ranges) indefinitely. After which there are the geopolitical dangers.
Not surprisingly, these China dangers are making Mexico more and more vital as a producing hub, particularly for merchandise offered into the USA and Canada. Transferring your manufacturing to Mexico gives you proximity to U.S. and Canadian markets, fashionable infrastructure, entry to ports for international distribution, a extremely expert, well-educated, and cheap workforce, and close to complete freedom from tariffs.
This Q&A session on Transferring Your Manufacturing to Mexico will probably be led by Harris Bricken lawyer, Dan Harris, and China/Mexico provide chain knowledgeable, Andrew Hupert. Dan heads up Harris Bricken’s worldwide manufacturing observe and the founding father of the China Regulation Weblog. Andrew has many years of expertise consulting with corporations on their worldwide manufacturing/provide chain points, in addition to instructing worldwide enterprise/provide chain programs at main enterprise colleges.
The Q&A session will give attention to the sensible facets of transferring your manufacturing to Mexico from China, the assorted methods to start out with Mexican manufacturing, and methods to efficiently manufacture there. Primarily based on the preliminary questions we now have obtained, we count on to be protecting the following subjects, amongst others:
- Why depart or keep in China.
- Methods to depart China safely.
- Mexico’s views on China and why this issues.
- Whether or not Mexico ought to be seen as the brand new China.
- What Mexico and China imply for producers, with a give attention to the similarities and variations between China and Mexico.
- Mexico’s numerous manufacturing choices.
- Shelter manufacturing vs. contract manufacturing vs. greenfield manufacturing.
- Methods to transfer your manufacturing to Mexico, with a give attention to areas, enterprise constructions, employment, IP, and tax points.
We welcome your questions upfront and we urge you to ship these to us once you register. Questions may also be taken all through the presentation!